Monday, March 31, 2014

Puritan & Company Brunch with The Boston Brunchers

Last weekend I got to see the Boston Brunchers again, this time at Puritan & Company. I was very excited to get to Puritan & Company for brunch. We've been there for dinner a handful of times and I was always impressed! Chef Will Gilson has an amazing twitter avatar cooks from a traditional New England perspective and has created this charming and busy restaurant in Inman Square.

Below is the brunch and drinks menu. This brunch menu is a little meat heavy but has a few veggie egg dishes and sourdough griddlecakes as well. And the pastries. The pastries...



A cocktail called the concatenation? Excel geek here almost ordered it, except I do not like anise. Darn. Instead I got one of the brunch cocktails, the Park Avenue - along with 3/4 of the table I'd say. This was one strong brunch drink. It's a good thing I didn't get a beer while watching the basketball game right after this or anything. 


Holy pastries Batman! We had a Boston Cream donut, cherry blondies, banana bread, lemon cornmeal muffin, a dulce de leche and coconut danish, and a savory twist with ham and cheese. Wow. Everything here was phenomenal. The blondies were really complex and the texture of the muffin was awesome. The table's favorite was the danish, although I leaned toward banana bread, because banana bread.


Below are a few of the dishes the Brunchers tried:
Steak & Eggs
Broccoli & Cheddar Scramble
Copa Ham Breakfast Sandwich
Corned Beef Hash

Did you notice how beautiful those eggs are? Those are real farm fresh eggs and man are they delicious. I had the broccoli and cheddar scramble, which was all things eggs are supposed to be, and cheesy. I've recently realized that broccoli may be my favorite vegetable, so this was an added plus to the scramble (and we were all a little sad though that the quiche was sold out by the time we arrived).

Puritan & Company is now on my list of brunch recommends, though if you like Parker House rolls, make sure you stop in for dinner too!


Per usual, brunch was provided free to our group, but opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Really enjoy reading your blog (and "In the Night Kitchen" is one of my childhood favorites too)! Would you mind emailing me at pbarrack [at] opentable [dot] com? Just had a couple questions and wanted to connect via email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a good brunch! The food and the company! I like anise so I need to go back and try that cocktail! Thanks for making me crave those dinner rolls.

    p.s. I am also a huge fan of the book "In the Night Kitchen" The pictures always made me happy...and still do.

    ReplyDelete