Thursday, September 4, 2008

Instruments of Torture?

This morning in front of my bathroom mirror as I attempted to prettify (post new bottle of Olay SPF 15, thanks Costco) by sliding on some mascara, it happened again.

That's right, I think I'm developing another rogue eyelash.

What in the world is a rogue eyelash, you ask, and why is it such a big deal?

Well, the slightly gross answer is that sometimes my eyelashes curl downwards, like, at my eyeball, leading to uncomfortable situations. (And slightly unsightly ones too, as it starts to look like I've been crying one-eyed due to the excessive blinking and irritation caused by an eyelash POKING YOU IN THE EYEBALL!) This also results in midday trips to the eye doctor to "have my eyelash pulled out," apparently not a rare occurrence for eye doctors...

Anyway, I guess I need one of these:
And no, it's not really an instrument of torture, just an eyelash curler, but I think I need a girly girl to teach me how to use it and not accidentally tear out all of the eyelashes, although that would solve the rogue problem right quick.

1 comment:

  1. the plastic one hurts less & is less scary looking than the metal deal.

    I hate rogue eyelashes

    ReplyDelete