Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Cooking, Part 1

I came across a suggestion of this recipe on someone's blog recently, and googled around until I found this recipe. This year's Valentine's Recipe: Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

I have to say, peanut butter is an AMAZING addition to rice krispie treats. It's like fluffernutter RKTs... Definitely give it a shot next time you make them.
The only change to the regular recipe is adding 1/2 cup of creamy pb to the melted marshmallow goo before you add in the cereal.

Here is my pb:

Marshmallow goo + pb

+ cereal

+ cookie cutters.... Awww. Except the addition of pb seems to make these even stickier and gooier, thus waaaaay more difficult to cut.

And you could cover them in chocolate if you wanted too:




Pretty! I hid these in the fridge, and they were a welcome treat since we totally destroyed the half of the pan not cut into hearts. Seriously, this recipe is soooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment