Thursday, November 8, 2007

Boy Brownies

Why? Because boys love them.

I made these tonight for my friend Sean, who would probably rather have molasses cookies, but I didn't feel like getting cookie dough all over the tape that's taking care of my wrist. Not like he's really unlucky in getting a batch of brownies. Besides, I would have kept a lot of those molasses cookies for myself, they are the best!

Adapted from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion, the major change is that I include a little instant espresso powder, change a cup of sugar to brown sugar, and decrease the white sugar by just a little, also have been using "special dark" cocoa powder, so they're really triple chocolate brownies, sometimes have nuts too.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, you tease! I'll be in the office on Wednesday....any chance you'll get the urge to bake, say...Tuesday night?! Haha, j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo what do you put in your molasses cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - I have some left over from tonight, so we'll see how it holds up.

    Meghan - molasses... But I'll get the recipe up this week.

    ReplyDelete