Monday, November 26, 2007

Having kitten for Thanksgiving...

So, does anyone want my cats? They made an excellent alarm clock at 4am, 5am, 6am... by trying to head butt their way into the bedroom door. Also, after spending last week with with the kitten, they are serious FATTIES! Cats on a diet from now on I guess.
But enough about the fuzz, onto the eating!

I actually managed to cook very little, making a delicious batch of mac & cheese Wednesday night, then rolling through 2 dinners on Thursday, where I proceeded to not make popovers, cranberry cake, or any pies. (Although I watched an apple pie get baked on Wednesday.) Friday night we made molasses cookies, and somehow they were just too buttery. And I'm all for butter, but the flavor of the cookie was lost. No worries, we still ate them. I also managed to not make popovers again (used up all the eggs in cookies) on Friday night.
Saturday was a trip to Burdick's for some of these and this and these (had two in my purse this morning). Saturday night I did concoct roasted acorn squash stuffed with wild rice and cranberries and covered in delicious delicious cheese. Also, put the leftover half into my back pack, brought it on the plane, and took it home. Dinner tonight? And Sunday I again managed to not make cranberry cake. Whoops. It's so tasty though!

No comments:

Post a Comment